Have you ever thought of running a business and staying home as a Mom?
Have you ever met someone who is rocking her MomLife and Business at the same time?
Some of the questions you might ask are:
How does she do it?
How is she managing her time?
Does she even have time for her family?
Is it realistic to be working as your own boss at the same as working from home with a kid?
This month, we are featuring a very special woman whom we can add into our list of MomStars. I’ve known her this year and I’m happy to share my admiration on how she balances Mom Life and Work Life.
She is no other than Charlotte, a first-time mom, a freelancer and a woman entrepreneur.
What is MomStar of the Month all about?
MomStar of the Month shares inspirational stories of women, no matter what background, ethnicity or race; has a great career or not, is a first-time mom or not, it doesn’t matter.
Any Mom is a star in her own ways and with these stories, we share the journey of moms who aim to inspire others and transform lives with a purpose.
We highlight different women in our society, with their spirit to motivate others. A unique opportunity for all of us to hear and understand how these Moms learned how to flourish and balance their lives in today’s overwhelming world.
1. Tell us about yourself.(Kids/Family, Profession, Backround etc)
Hey! I am Charlotte. I’m a French-inspired woman, wife and new mom of Oscar who lives in Los Angeles. I have been my own boss for the past 8 years and I love it.
I have done many different things in my life.
I started my career in Paris in the Fashion industry. I then left my very Parisian life to come to America where I learned English.
I built several businesses from scratch, and worked on amazing projects. I even became a hairstylist.
I’ve always been highly passionate about everything I am doing: from my professional endeavors to my personal and spiritual adventures. I give more than 100% all the time. I love love love helping others.
Last June, I became a mom for the first time of my life. Oscar is the sweetest little boy and I have to say that having him gives me a bigger purpose. I want to show him that everything is possible when you believe in it. There is no such thing as impossible dreams. He pushes me every day to help more people and share even more with my community of awesome mamas.
2. Can you tell us how you started your freelancing and blogging journey?
I started freelancing 8 years ago. And I love being my own boss. It is challenging but it is so worth it.
I’ve always created content whether it was videos, blog post, courses, presentation, etc. I think the only thing I have not done yet is writing a book!
I’ve always been creating content about where I was in my life. When I became pregnant, I took the experience to the next level and started to learn even more about online marketing.
I am now happy to say that I have some great knowledge and got some great results using online strategies to grow my several businesses: my blog, my network marketing business and my affiliate marketing one.
3. Please tell us an inspiring or interesting story about being a first-time mom and Side-hustling. How do you manage your tasks despite your busy schedule?
I am the luckiest mama in the world. My Oscar is very open and nice, and it’s actually easy for me to find time for my businesses.
I do have some rules because I think it is essential if you want to create a balance lifestyle and enjoy as much as possible my mom life.
I have to be honest though, after I gave birth I was not able to go back on working on my business because I needed to feel my baby who was not in my belly anymore. I could not get enough. Haha!
Although I am super duper organized I use some tricks to make sure I achieve the goals I fixed:
1. I am flexible. Life happens and even more with a baby. I learn how to let go of things I can’t control.
2. I am self-disciplined and I block time for my business with specific tasks and also for my baby where I disconnect completely from social media, etc.
3. I do NOT multi-task because it’s spreading my energy, so instead of being busy, I become productive. I multiply instead! I sometimes listen to a book while I am nursing, or watch a training. I always use my headset so I don’t disturb my baby from his soothing moment feeding.
4. I have a powerful morning routine which allows me to gain clarity.
5. I ask for help when needed. I recently hired a housekeeper. so I don’t overstressed about cleaning the house anymore.
6. I have fun no matter what I do.
4. What is ONE thing that you would like to tell a brand new blogger, freelancer and a mompreneur, something you wished you’d known earlier?
One step at the time is the best strategy ever. Don’t try to do it all. Trust the process and never compare your chapter one to someone else’s chapter ten. Go with your flow, just make sure you are committed and consistent. Make sure you show up every day because that’s the only way to build the know, trust and like you are looking for as a blogger.
RELATED: 10 SIDE-HUSTLE IDEAS FOR SINGLE MOMS
5. Anything else you’d like to share with other moms who struggle in balancing Mom Life, Side-Hustling and Motherhood in general?
Mamas, make sure you make time for yourself. Make sure to ask for help when you need some. It’s okay to get helped. It’s also okay to not have a clean clean house every single day.
I would also recommend that you find a tribe that empowers you. It does need to be in the real life, you can find support online if it’s what fit your personality better. I am more of an online mama, so I decided to create a “place” where I can support others, learn from others and grow personally and professionally.
I created an online book club and so far it empowers me to move forward and grow. There is no better way to accomplish something or be a mom than yours. Never doubt your abilities.
OTHER MOMSTARS OF THE MONTH
If you want to hear more inspirational stories from Charlotte, feel free to connect with her at: